August 31, 2011

B.O.n Voyage

B.O. stands for body odor which happened to be the aroma that circulated my flight for 1.5 hours from Washington, DC to Atlanta. My uneventful flight was only 2/3 full and I had an entire row to myself! My upcoming trip from Atlanta to Lima is just under 7 hours, arriving in Lima at 11pm. Tio Hugo (Uncle Hugo), 90 years old and his driver are picking me up at the airport and helping me shlep all of my luggage- bless their hearts. I decided at the last minute to distribute the 82lbs of American-bought, China-made clothes and shoes from my one large suitcase into a small suitcase. They now weigh 49 and 48 pounds respectively (you're probably thinking, 'but wait, Lauren! You started with 82lbs & 49+48=97!' Turns out I couldn't NOT bring my orioles shirt, a second pair of black sandals, and enough hair clips and scrunchies for a small army).

I just switched gates and sat on the floor across from someone really tall- on purpose, DUH. Of course my curiosity takes off. I'm reading his tattoos which consist of astrological signs and basketballs. He MUST be a basketball player. His name is written on his shoes- probably so they don't get lost with the other size 17 shoes. Yes, I googled him. Welp- we're boarding the plane! I hope I get to talk basketball with my new favorite athlete...